To get started, you’ll need:
A Google Nest Wifi router.
Any additional Wifi devices you would like to add (Google Nest Wifi points, Google Wifi points, or Google Nest Wifi router). This is optional to expand coverage.
A Google Account.
One of the following mobile devices:
An Android phone running Android 6.0 or later
An Android tablet running Android 6.0 or later
An iPhone or iPad with iOS 14.0 or later
For FTTP, FTTC, HFC, and Fixed Wireless customers, you will need access to your NBN connection device.
*PLEASE NOTE: Google Nest Wifi routers are not compatible for FTTN - A VDSL modem will be required.
How to set up your Google Nest Wifi router?
As the Google Nest Wifi is not pre-configured you will need to do a few set-up procedures, which we have stepped out below. You can also view Google’s ‘How to set up your Nest Wifi’ set-up video.
2. If this is your first time using the Google Home app, set up a home.
3. Choose a location for your router.
4. Connect the Ethernet cable to your Nest Wifi router’s WAN port. Then, connect the other end to your modem. For FTTP/FTTC/HFC/Fixed Wireless the Ethernet cable will run from the nbn™ connection device. For FTTN/B the Ethernet cable will run from the modem.
5. Plug your Google Nest Wifi router into a wall outlet. After about a minute, the light will pulse white to indicate that it’s on and ready for setup.
6. On your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app.
7. Tap Add > Set up device > New device.
8. Choose a home.
9. Select your Google Nest Wifi router.
10. Scan the QR code on the bottom of your device.
Hold your phone about 5 inches (12 cm) away to scan. Learn more tips for scanning QR codes.
If you’re unable to scan the QR code, tap Continue without scanning, then enter the setup key on the bottom of your device.
11. Select a room for your router or create a new one.
12. Give your Wi-Fi network a name and a secure password.
13. The router will now create your Wi-Fi network. This may take a few minutes.
14. If you’d like to add another Wifi device, tap Yes in the app to continue or follow the steps below to add a point at a later time.
To edit your WAN settings, Google Nest Wifi or Google Wifi must be offline and your mobile phone must be connected to your Google Nest Wifi or Google Wifi network. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from your router or primary Wifi point and wait until the light pulses yellow (Google Nest Wifi) or pulses orange (Google Wifi). Make sure your mobile device is still connected to your Nest Wifi or Google Wifi network.
1. Open the Google Home app
2. Tap Wi-Fi > Settings > Advanced Networking.
3. Tap WAN and choose PPPoE.
4. Enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed. Hit Save to apply the changes.
Wait 3-5 minutes for the modem to go online, then test the service. Reboot modem if needed.